Friday, January 22, 2010

Scuola in Italia

So I started school on Wednesday, since I started planning this trip I keep forgetting the whole reason I am here is to...go to school. haha. But I am actually really excited about what I am going to be learning this semester. All my classes involve exploring the city of Roma and/or other interest I really enjoy. My frist class is Italiano due (Italian 2) with a young italian Professor Schwarten who seems great but already gave me a ton of homework. Thursday I had Art in Rome which is an on-site class and every class we meet at a different museum or historical site. Later on Thursday I have Italian Filmmaking. THIS class is why I go to school!! My profesor is 1. extremley good looking and 2. stoked on my movie idea. Before coming to Roma I was brainstorming on what I wanted to work on while I was here, which is a documentary on the immigration (war) occuring right now in Italy. I was afraid when I pitched the idea nobody would jump on it or think it was boring but two of my classmates are just as fired up as me and have some connections on who I should contact. I am just itching to start this project, hopefully half way through I do not get burned out like I did last semester. My last class (at this point) is Italian Film Genre and every week we watch a movie with Vittorio Di Sica then we discuss it. Fun right! what a great excuse to watch movies and I love analyzing movies with people after haha so might as well get some credit for it!
Enough about school! The social scene here at John Felice Rome Center is interesting, I am not getting the best impression of midwest people. Haha not to sterio type but weirdly I have befriended all USF people, most of whom I didn't know untill we got here. Maybe it's just the honest reality that people in San Fran are amazing or the Chicago (mid-west) people are clingy. Regardless I really like my group of peeps and it has been fun exploring this beautiful (extremley cold) city together shopping downtown, bar hoping, and bus riding!
me enjoying a buffalo pizza after my frist day of class.


Maia and I with some yummy chocolate milk gelato!


No comments:

Post a Comment