Friday, February 12, 2010

NEVE!

Allora..... so this morning I woke up and before I jumped in the shower I was like hmmm I should look outside and see if it is raining again today, and to my surprise it was SNOWING!! I literally froze in front of my window, it was so prettttttty! I believe I have only seen falling snow once before in DC on a family vacation when we wound up in a blizzard! I had to meet my friend Ryan about 20 minutes away so we could go to the refugee center and that was a mission! The bus drivers didn't know what to do so our bus just stopped and we had to walk another 20 minutes to the metro. We made it to the center but let me tell you that was dedication! Ryan is from Missouri and goes to school in Chicago so he wasn't phased at all but I was looking around taking pictures and just loving it.
(on my walk to the bus stop)

This week for my art in Rome class we visited 3 chiese (churches) which were gorgeous, I thought St. Ignatius was ridiculous and it is but man... these churches are something else and they are soo old!
(Mass in a side chapel of S. Maria Maggiore)
(Altar of S. Prassede)
This Wednesday with Edoardo was interesting. I picked him up from school and we did our usual thing and I let him play in the school yard with his friends for a few minutes but of course it had just rained and he fell in the BIGGEST puddle of mud! He was bawling actually he was wailing and I did know what to do so I just ran to him and held him and then I got all muddy but I just couldn't stand how sad he was. Anyway... the school is smart and makes the kids bring an extra pair of clothes so we changed, went home and it was all good from then on. But what an ordeal... all the moms and grandmas were watching me and probably judging me...Italians are good at that. Speaking of Italians Edoardo is definitely my favorite Itlalian haha but I will comment on Italian culture, lifestlye, and the country in general in a later (soon) entry.

1 comment: