Monday, February 1, 2010

Questa settimana a Roma

So, alot has happened in the last week, so I will try and do a quick recap. This past Thursday for my Art in Rome class we went to the Roman Forum and the Colosseo. We anaylzed the structural design and the buildings materials of each building, but really it was one heck of a field trip! I am pretty much getting credit for site-seeing! Our class tickets are good for two days so the next day a bunch of us went back to the Colosseo to walk around more and then we also went to the Paletine, which is where the rulers of Rome used to have their lavish homes. It started raining (whats new...) and naturally I wasnt prepared so we had to call it a day. However...on the way home we found a sick costume shop and I bought my Carnavale outfit!!
(Katherine and I infront of the Colosseo)

Friday night Catherine and I meet up with Katarina, drank some vino and played cards then headed out to Campo di Fiore to meet up with her friends. Campo is a big piaza with a bunch of bars, where alot of americanos hang out. Naturally while out I got a piece of pizza.

Saturday I just hung out all day doing random chores and then meet up with Katarina again for Appertivo, which is Italia's version of happy hour. SOOO FUN! Basically all you have to do is buy one drink and then you get an unlimited buffet! The restaurant was Cafe Friends in Trastevere and we are going to try and hit up a new appertivo every week. Later that night we wanted to go to a Reggae festival but heard it was sketch so we ended up at a Regggaetone club instead haha. Than was sOOO much fun, a let a bit of my mexicana side shine through and everyone there spoke spanish so it was nice to finally confindetly communicate with people!
(the gang in from of the Arch of Constantine)
Both nights with Katarina, though amazing, I love that girl and can't imagine being here without her, we got lost coming home and we always seem to wind up in front of the Vatican. I always feel a little better once we find it cuz I know I am near Jesus and he is going to show us the way home, haha, and he always does.

Sunday I had to go on a field trip for my Italiano class in the boondocks of Roma, then I came back home did some homework, and went to the student mass. The student mass here reminds me alot of USF which makes me so so happy. There is a really small community and everyone is SO nice and friendly and then we have wine and cheese after....whats not geat about that!

A presto! Ciao!

(Me in the Colosseo)








1 comment:

  1. oh my darling. i miss you a ton and LOVE reading about your adventures. keep it coming! soooooo glad katarina is with you!!

    ReplyDelete