Monday, February 22, 2010

So che e stato un po'

I know it has been awhile....there is way to much too catch up on but I will highlight the main stuff. Last weekend, which feels like forever ago, I went on a school trip to Pompeii. It was a three hour bus ride from our school. The city and the history behind it is super cool. Basically it was completely covered and many of the towns people were killed by a Volcanic eruption a long long time ago like BC status and slowly the town has been excavated. The town is big. we were there for a good part of the day and still did not explore everthing. We were guided by my Art in Rome professor Nicholson who is a genius so I got to learn alot about the town and how they use to live back in the day. My favorite thing about Pompeii was all the dogs everywhere, apparently people adopt them but they live in Pompeii. One dog followed us, mostly me, for our entire tour, made me miss my baby Jewel. Regardless of the long day a few of us went out and met up with some John Cabot kids, another American school in Rome and we caught some Rome carnival activities.

(me and my furry friend exploring the ruins of Pompeii)

Last weekend I also made it to an italian mass in St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican!!! There was a long line for security to get in but we made it on time and we got a great seat about 5 rows back from the altar. A bishop gave the mass, I tried my best to follow the readings and what not but my italian just isn't up to par yet. Half of the parishioners were nuns haha and when communion is served all politeness is out the door, people basically run to the front and I was definately pushed by a few nuns. It was just funny to me that in the "holiest" place for Catholics that happened haha whatevs I still got my Jesus bread. That same day I went to the flee market and loaded up on some warm gear for Budapest (my next trip) and some other essentials like a curling iron duh...
(Maia, me, and Louisa illegally posing with ruins)
I did not tutor Edoardo all week because he was sick, which made me sad but gave me some time to catch up on my classes and to chat with people at home. Last week was the first week of my CLC, Christian living community, and I think it went really well!! I tried to base it off the stuff I liked in my USF CLC and my group seemed to dig it so thats good. Tonight we have a pizza class night with my film (extremely good looking) italian teacher so I need to go bust out that curling iron, but later this week I will blog about Budapest which was LEGITTTT!!! so pumped to blog about it, for now CIAO!


(inside and outside the Vatican)

No comments:

Post a Comment